Next Event Autumn in Austerlitz at the Historical Society
Our Facility can be rented for Graduation parties, Birthday Parties, Showers, Etc
DANGEROUS SITUATION CAUSED BY EXTREME COLD WEATHER
AVFC would like to warn homeowners with high efficiency propane boilers to check the exhaust vent on the outside of their home for ice buildup.
Today’s high efficiency boilers extract so much heat from the combustion process that the temperature of the exhaust gases is much cooler than conventional boilers. Therefore moisture is created that can collect and freeze around and inside the exhaust pipe as it meets the cold air.
Failure to clear this ice buildup can lead to a carbon monoxide build up in the home. CARBON MONOXIDE is an odorless gas that can silently kill.
It is extremely important to make sure your home Carbon Monoxide detector is operational. If the alarm sounds immediately exit the home and call 911.
NYS Open Burn Regulations
In areas where open burning is allowed, individuals can burn only the following materials: clean, unpainted and uncoated wood, charcoal, and downed limbs and branches less than 6 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length (except between March 16 and May 14).