DANGEROUS SITUATION CAUSED BY EXTREME COLD WEATHER

AVFC would like to warn homeowners with high efficiency propane boilers to check the exhaust vent on the outside of their home for ice buildup.

Today’s high efficiency boilers extract so much heat from the combustion process that the temperature of the exhaust gases is much cooler than conventional boilers. Therefore moisture is created that can collect and freeze around and inside the exhaust pipe as it meets the cold air.

Failure to clear this ice buildup can lead to a carbon monoxide build up in the home. CARBON MONOXIDE is an odorless gas that can silently kill.

It is extremely important to make sure your home Carbon Monoxide detector is operational.  If the alarm sounds immediately exit the home and call 911.

IcedVents